- Make sure you have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.5 or higher installed.
- Ensure that the machine you are planning to use has sufficient memory. We recommend at least 1024 MB of RAM.
- Download the latest release of Prequips.
- Download the sample data set.
- Extract the downloaded Prequips ZIP archive into a directory of your choice. A new subdirectory named "prequips_xxx" will be created ("xxx" will be replaced by the version and the OS identifier, e.g. "macosx" or "win32").
- Execute the Prequips application (prequips.app, prequips.exe, ...). A splash screen will appear within a few seconds.
"How To" Screencasts
The screencasts are in Apple QuickTime format and require a free Apple QuickTime Player to play.
- How To Create a Project
- How To Use the Gaggle with Prequips
- How To Use the Visualization Tools
- How To Work with a Multi Sample Analysis
- How To Create a Master Table (Inclusion List Builder)
- How To Create an Inclusion List (Inclusion List Builder)
- How To Map Peptides to the Master Table (Inclusion List Builder)
- How To Export Peptide Mappings (Inclusion List Builder)
Currently there are data providers for mzXML (spectrum data), pepXML (peptide data), BioWorks tab-delimited (peptide and protein data) and protXML (protein data) files. In addition to the core data the following information can be imported by meta information providers:
- PeptideProphet results (pepXML)
- Sequest results (pepXML)
- Libra results (protXML)
- ProteinProphet results (protXML)
- Protein annotation (protXML)